Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Unbelievable

The theme for our next show at STI is entitled Unbelievable. Our homework assignment was to create a short two person scene about what we thought was unbelievable. The show will premiere the 3rd of June and is a show that is completely student written. As I sat in my room with a blank piece of paper, I tried to think of what was unbelievable. Then I wandered on to facebook as my procrastinator self usually does, and saw on the Joplin, Mo Tornado Recovery page that the death toll had reached up to 116. This post finally gave me the inspiration for my scene. Think of all the catastrophes that have happened in our lifetime. Where were you when all these things happened. and to me it is unbelievable that I can be standing in my house while someone elses is being ripped to shreds. The feeling of through tragedy we realize what we have and that although we are fortunate it is our jobs as human beings and friends that we help the victims. In Joplin people need our help you can help by Call 573-443-4523, go online to http://uwheartmo.org/, or text JOPLIN to 864833 to make a $10 donation. A Missouri family has offered to match up 50,000 dollars when handled through this website and number. 


Because this can't just disappear over night. So lets  help!



"Be the change you wish to see in the world."-Ghandi

Love Always,
DW

1 comment:

  1. Danielle....love you...but please PLEASE learn spell check. You're an actress and you said your assignment is a two person seen.

    Aside from that, love it!!

    ReplyDelete