Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today is Beautiful...

It is that moment of the year when we reflect on what we are thankful for. So I will ask the question you that you have probably been asking to other and have probably been asked like a trillion times today. What are you thankful for? I am thankful for my family, my friends. I am thankful my sister had such an amazing opportunity this week in NYC and I am thankful for the time I have had to spend with my other sister. I am thankful my dad is home this year and that my mother is having a mother daughter getaway and that my brother is working hard. I am thankful for the people I go to school with and the family I have established here in Columbia, I am also thankful for my friends back home which I can't wait to see in 21 days. As we look at the feasts we make ourselves and  enjoy this evening. Think of those who can't be so lucky. During this week with my sister, Amanda, we came across some pretty obvious homeless people sitting on the side walk downtown. As we passed by they asked if we had an spare change, when we said sorry we didn't they said, "Oh that's fine, I hope you both have a very Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays." They were very sweet and today I found this video and it made me think... how lucky am I to be thankful for what I have.
Be thankful that we can give, be thankful we don't have to beg, be thankful we for our environment, but most of all be thankful that we can see. That we can see the beauty of the day and of life, and be thankful that we can see the evils of it too so we can learn. But in all just be thankful. 


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment